Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Little Plot Twist

Recently, my parents have been trying to convince me that my idea isn't the best in terms of fundraising.  Their arguments have mainly revolved around the fact that a few participants isn't going to cut it if I want to raise a decent amount of money.  Even though I really like my original idea, they're completely right.  Since both my parents are very involved with the Grosse Pointe Gators, a local swim team, they suggested that I do some sort of fundraiser involving the entire team, which has over 200 swimmers.  My dad, who is the president, thinks it's a great idea and has no doubt that it can be a success.  A couple of possible ideas that they suggested include a relay meet or practice meet, both in which a small registration fee is charged to every participant for donation.  Also, since the Gators are a pretty big club, my dad said I could even create merchandise to maximize funds raised.  All in all, I think their idea is a lot smarter in terms of raising funds.  From now on, I am going to be planning my project around this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment