Monday, May 11, 2015

Reflection

This overall 20 Time project has been a unique experience.  Every Friday, I was given an opportunity to work on something that I care about, my swimming fundraiser.  Personally, I think I wasted that class time on Fridays.  I did not waste the project opportunity, just the valuable class time that was granted to me.  Because of this and the overall outcome of my project, I have learned an important lesson.  What you put in is what you get out, and my effort was not nearly enough to accomplish what I set out to achieve at the beginning of this project.  My fundraiser has somewhat come along, but I am almost positive that if I used all the resources available to me, like the class time on Fridays, my fundraiser would have already happened.  Now, if I want to make my project a success, I need to use my own time, which isn't that big of a deal, except for the fact that it leaves the outcome of the event in jeopardy.  I hope to make this fundraiser happen sometime in the summer or fall, but I can never be certain that I will be able to get around to it with my busy out-of-school schedule.  What I've taken away from this whole experience is simple, never take anything for granted.  At the beginning of the year, and for the majority of the year, I, along with probably most of my classmates, thought "so what we get every Friday of the school year", not realizing how valuable that actually was.  Now, after all of them are gone, I realize that those Fridays were basically what made the project unique.  You don't realize what you have until it's gone, and I had the greatest opportunity to make my project a success with Friday class time, but I wasted it.  If I could do this project again, I would have done it right and used the Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment